Research & Services
Country-led development based on sustained impacts data is key to success. Valuing Voices means listening to stakeholders and collaboratively identifying what actual sustainability & impact measures should be.
– Explore our database of the “ex-post” evaluations that include fieldwork after project end;
– Our research shows the value-added of evaluating ex-post sustainability from past projects to inform the next, better projects;
– Analyzing exit strategies aimed at sustaining impacts changes how we work throughout projects.
We need to use and learn from compelling sustained outcomes and impacts evidence.
With sustained impacts research, we learn what to invest in that could be sustained over the long-term. What worked best that we do more of? What should we never fund and implement again? Why ?
- We offer one of the largest databases of the “ex-post” evaluations that included fieldwork with a range of stakeholders 2-20 years after project end. We speak and write about these results at various conferences and webinars so we learn from what worked & didn’t;
- Our research showed the value-added of evaluating ex-post sustainability from past projects to inform the next, better projects’ funding, design, implementation, and monitoring/ evaluation;
- Future ex-post preparation can learn from this evaluability checklist;
- Analyzing exit strategies aimed at sustaining impacts changes how we work throughout projects. We believe phasing down and over rather than out over 1+ years, planning with resources, partnerships, capacities, benchmarks yields sustained impact.
We need to Value Voices of all stakeholders for global well-being based on local growth to really take off. Read the blog and hire us to help you technically, advocate for change, invite us to speak, let’s collaborate to put our true clients, our participants, front and center in ‘development’.
What can we do together to keep the change going?
Valuing Voices offers the following to foster services for Sustained Impacts:
Based on decades of experience in funding, designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating and advocating for non-profit, for-profit, public and foundation clients in global development, plus 6 years of research on sustainability, the Valuing Voices team offers:
– Guidance and consulting advice on ex-post project evaluations;
– Proposal design, advice on implementation for sustainability, and evaluation of projected sustainability with our participants and partners at final evaluation;
– Presentations at conferences and webinars, advocating for more funding for adaptive sustained development projects;
– Partnering with NGO and finance experts support development (I)NGOs to tap into new financing through impact investing and by adding INGOs M&E impact value for the SDGs at impactguild.org
- Guidance and consulting advice on ex-post project evaluations involves expertise in determining which projects can be evaluated, using what methods (we typically recommend a mix of quantitative and qualitative, ideally with a comparison group), how to ‘isolate’ outcomes and impacts, and how to evaluate what emerged after donors left.
- Proposal design, advise on implementation for sustainability, and evaluation of projected sustainability with our participants and partners at final evaluation. While doing final evaluations, we can work with communities to track their own indicators of sustainability, and with partners to track capacities built continuing and new ones emerging. Local and national governments, as well as other donors, can monitor progress and ideally, spontaneous scaleup.
- Presenting at conferences and webinars, advocate for more funding for adaptive sustained development projects. Advocating for successful sustainability being the trigger for exit rather than fixed-term project spending is key, as is adapting implementation based on resources, partnerships, capacities, benchmarks, etc.
- Partnering with NGO and finance experts support development (I)NGOs to tap into new financing through impact investing and by adding INGOs M&E impact value for the SDGs at ImpactGuild.org. As public foreign aid diminishes and private sector strives to respond responsibly via ESG investments, identifying local investments and tracking results is imperative. With CSR, Finance and M&E backgrounds, we can advise.
We believe country-led development with excellent sustained impacts comes from listening to participant voices before, during and long after projects end, designing and implementing with them as experts. “Sustainable” Development depends on our decisions and actions.
Team with us, contact Jindra@ValuingVoices.com